What is the ASCENT Study?
The ASCENT Study is a clinical research study evaluating a medication for patients diagnosed with COPD who also have a history of heart disease, stroke or other risk factors.
The purpose of this study is to determine how the medication manages and controls COPD symptoms as well as how it affects patients’ cardiovascular safety.
You may Qualify if you:
• Are 40 years of age or older
• Are a current or former smoker
• Have been diagnosed with COPD, which includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema
• Have a history of heart disease, stroke, or
• Have other cardiovascular risk factors such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity or kidney disease
By participating in the ASCENT Study, you will receive:
• Monitoring of your COPD by a physician during study visits
• Study-related care and study medication, including a rescue inhaler at no cost*
*You do not need insurance to participate.